Run this “Comps” report to find other properties that are similar to the property you are viewing. This is helpful for your listing and pricing activities. For this report, you can even toggle between Map views of the comparable properties, finding the one that best presents the information you want to communicate in your report.Running this report is a two step process.
Step One: Review the Search Results Properties
First, you run the report and review the properties that are returned:
Step Two: Refine the List
If your search returned a large number of comparable properties, you can work with the results right in the report to refine the comps you’ll generate on the final report. You can:
- Review and deselect any properties you don’t want to include OR
- You can click Modify Comparables Search Preferences to change the criteria that were used to run the initial report and regenerate new output (see next section for details on report preferences).
In the screen shot below, several properties have been removed from the list:
Step Three: View the Report
When you are ready to view the final report, click View Report. The Comparables report opens:
Configuring the Comparables Report
You can configure two areas of setting for the Comparables report:
- Report Format: You can select the number of comparable properties that will appear, whether to include a summary of the comparable property statistics, the sort method, and whether or not to display the Map and pictures of the comparable property.
- Search Criteria: You can select from a full set of criteria that will control what comparable properties will be returned in the report results.
To configure the report:
- Click Preferences on the Realist taskbar:
- The Preferences window opens. Click Configure Reports and then Comparable Property Reports OR
- Click the Configure Preferences link within a Comparables report.
- The Comparables Report Preferences open:
- Select the preferences for the report.
- Click Submit to save and apply the changes and close the preferences window.