This report provides you with an in-depth look at the neighborhood of the property, including the people (population), the housing statistics, quality of life information, schools, and other areas of interest.The Neighborhood report includes three major sections – Demographics, Schools, and Local Businesses. Each section uses a different geographical area as a basis for the search parameters.
This report is intended to be used as a local area report – focusing on a mile area. If you select a larger area, the amount of information the report will return can become overwhelming. For example, if you search for local businesses in a five mile area of an urban area, you will get hundreds of results displaying.
The Demographic data comes from the Census Bureau and is defined by Census Track and Block. It includes 4 sub-sections – Population, Housing, Quality of Life, and Education:
The Schools section of the report lists the public and private schools within a specified geographic area (for example, in the sample below the area is a one mile radius). You can configure the geographic area in the Neighborhood Profiles report preferences.
This section of the report lists local businesses within a specified geographic area (for example, in the sample below the area is a one mile radius. You can configure the geographic area in the Neighborhood Profiles report preferences.
Configuring the Neighborhood Profiles Report
- Click Preferences on the Realist taskbar:
- The Preferences window opens. Click Configure Reports and then Neighborhood Profiles Report.
- The Neighborhood Profiles report preferences open.
- Select which sections you’d like to include on the report:
- Include Demographics
- Include Schools (here you can also specific the distance from the subject property, the specific grades you are looking for, and the specific type of school (public, private, or both)
- Include Businesses (here you can also specify the distance from the subject property and the category of business (e.g., banking, childcare, arts, etc.)
- NOTE: You must select at least one option
- Click Submit to save the changes and close the preferences window.