There are several ways you can choose to view data:
- Map: This view will collapse the Search Results Grid and display a larger version of the Map.
- Grid: This view will collapse the Map and display only the Search Results Grid.
- Split: This is the default view. The Map and Search Results Grid show simultaneously.
When you access Realist, the Map and the search grid results both display in Split view:
Split view is the default view, but you can also change it using the Change View options at the bottom of the Map:
- Map: Click this view to close the Search Results Grid and show only the Map.
- Grid: Click this view to close the Map and only show the Search Results Grid.
- Split: Click this option to view both the Map and Search Results Grid.
Default Sort Order
Search results are sorted by APN/Folio/Tax ID by default.
When search results are returned initially, all results on the list are selected and if you are viewing the Realist Map, all the properties will display on the Map:
The selected items will also be used if you choose to export, email, or print the search results.
To change the selections, click a check box to deselect an item or click the check box at the top of the column to clear all selections. This is helpful when you want to select a single property to locate on the Map or run a report on.
The Search Results Grid displays columns of data for each property record your search returned (these will be set by your MLS Administrator). You can show more or less information using the Edit Grid menu.
NOTE: You can select up to 30 columns to display, however, the more columns you select to appear, the more scrolling will be required to view the information.
There are also four indicator columns for each property. The following table describes each icon:
|MLS Photo Indicator||Indicates that the property has MLS photo images associated with it. You can click the photo indicator icon to open up a photo viewer and view the images.|
|MLS Listing Indicator||Indicates that the property has an MLS listing associated with it. You can click the indicator icon to open up the MLS listing.|
|Foreclosure||Pre-foreclosure: Preforeclosed properties still belong to the owner. The lender has just begun the foreclosure process due to a default on loan payments.
Auction: If the owner is unable to make the necessary payments or sell the property, it goes to a public auction.
Bank Owned (REO): A bank owned, or Real Estate Owned (REO) property has not been sold at auction and is now in the possession of the lender.
|Distressed||Short Sale: A short sale is a property that is in foreclosure but is up for sale by the lender before it goes to auction. The lender must agree to accept less than the amount that is owed on the property.
Bank Owned: A distressed bank owned property is one that has been repossessed by the lender but has not gone through the foreclosure process.
To Show or Hide Columns on the Search Results Grid
- On the Search Results Grid taskbar (at the bottom of the grid), click Edit Grid > Show/Hide Columns. The Show/Hide Column Attributes window opens, shown above.
- To remove columns, click the X in the Selected Attributes panel on the right. This is a list of all columns that are currently showing on the search grid OR
- To add additional columns to the search grid, click the check box for any attributes you would like to add. Select a category in the left frame to filter the list or use the Show All view to see all attributes you can add.
- Click Apply to make the changes.You are returned to the Search Results Grid, which shows the new column selections.
Filtering Your Search Results
If you’d like to view only certain records in the Search Results Grid, click the Edit Grid menu and select Show Only Selected Rows.
This is helpful when working with a large set of results and you want to only display a subset of the results so it is more manageable. Once you have the list filtered you could view reports about, print, or generate printing labels for the subset of records.
To return to the full search results list, select Restore Full Results List.
Sorting the Search Results
You can sort your search results by up to three columns. To sort the list, click the column header for the first column you want to sort by. A number appears to denote the sort order:
To clear the sorting, go to the Column Filter menu and select Clear Column Sorting.