When you access Realist, the Map and the Search Grid Results both display on the right side of your web browser window. This is called Split view.
Split view is the default view, but you can also change it using the Change View options at the bottom of the Map:
- Map: Click this view to close the Search Results Grid and show only the Map.
- Grid: Click this view to close the Map and only show the Search Results Grid.
- Split: Click this option to view both the Map and Search Results Grid.
The Realist Map contains different views that let you see different aspects about the properties you’ve selected on the Map:
- Road: This is a standard Map view that shows the roads and road names that are close to the property. This is the default view.
- Aerial: The aerial view is a satellite view of the property from above.
- Hybrid: The hybrid view shows an aerial view plus the roads and road names.
- Birdseye: The Birdseye view of a property shows an actual photograph of the area from above.
To change the property view, click the view option. The Map will adjust with the new display.
The currently selected view is indicated by an arrow beneath the view name:
Zoom Level and Views
You will notice as you use the Map that the level of zoom varies depending on what the current view is and what you are trying to do. You can zoom in on the Map using the zoom tools and move around on the Map using the arrow tools.
You can zoom in to a set zoom level in the Birdseye and Aerial views. When you hit the minimum zoom level, you can the zoom in further by selecting the property and clicking Quick Zoom on the hover box:
You can also use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in (this feature is not supported for Firefox).
TIP: You’ll also notice that certain zoom requirements must be met when using the Map tools. When this is the case, a message will appear, either as a popup dialog box or directly on the Map Toolbar, telling you to zoom in.
Returning to a Property
If you wandered away from your original property, it’s simple to return. Click the original property on the Search Results Grid and the Map will automatically return that property.
Printing the Current Map View
When you print the Map, the current view is printed exactly as you see it, including any annotations you may have added.