The Market Trends tool lets you view market trends that will give you key data for your pricing and listing activities directly on the Map. You can view trends across large areas and you can also get a detail view of actual values for a selected zip code or neighborhood. This tool makes it easier for consumers to understand what is happening in a market area.
To Turn on Market Trends
- On the Map Toolbar, select the Trends icon, shown above.
- The Trend Layer window opens. Select one of the following Trend options:
- Aggregation Level: Select whether to show market trends by zip code or by neighborhood.
- Property Type: Select the type of properties you want to view trends for – either single family residence (SFR), condo, or both.
- Opacity Scale: Select the opacity of the colors that will appear on the Map showing the trends. 100% is solid and 10% is almost completely see through, allowing you to see all the road names and any other information currently displayed on the Map.
- Trend Type: Select the type of trend you would like to show. You can only view one trend at a time.After you select the trend, it will appear on the Map.
Getting Actual Values for a Zip Code or Neighborhood
To get the specific values for the trend for a zip code or neighborhood, hold the CTRL key down on your keyboard and single click on the area. A trend detail box opens: